Here you can download HROT for free! On this page you will find information about HROT and how you can download the game for free. Here you get the direct link (from different filehoster) or a torrent download. The link to the free download can be found at the bottom of the page.
HROT is a single-player retro FPS set in a small socialist country neighboring Soviet Union (Czechoslovakia) after an unspecified disaster in 1986. Those times were dark and terrifying and so is the game.
You start in a civil defense shelter deep under a Prague Metro station. As a proud holder of the military readiness badge you know what your duty is: put on a non-functioning gas mask, load the vz. 52 pistol and protect the peace and your socialist homeland from the strange intruders.
- The classic gameplay and vibe of romeric shooters from 1990s including a fitting brown retro aesthetic.
- You’ll find a shotgun, a vz. 13 SMG, a rocket launcher and even some secret experimental Soviet battery-powered weapon. If you run out of ammo, you might find the hammer and sickle coming in handy.
- Handcrafted levels inspired by real locations with an emphasis on historical details. Every level contains socialist paraphernalia which nowadays can only be found in museums or your grandma’s attic (Eastern Bloc only).
- Flushable toilets, destructible light bulbs and horses with gas/latex masks. In short, conservative values that never disappoint.
- A custom engine written in Pascal imitating 1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4400
- Storage: 256 MB available space